CPT is an entrance exam for getting admission into chartered accountancy course. This test comprises four subjects; namely, accountancy, mercantile laws, general economics and quantitative aptitude. The test is divided into two sessions and each session lasts for two hours.
CPT is an objective type test which takes place in the months of February, May, August and November.
CPT is a substitute test for Professional Education (Course-I) where one has to study for 10 month and further has to take a comprehensive theatrical exam. In addition to this, this test will minimize the waiting for entry into the chartered accountancy course.
The candidates can choose Hindi medium paper booklet to answer the questions.
Eligibility to Take CA CPT
- You must have passed 10+2 examination or equivalent from a recognized institution.
- You must be registered for Common Proficiency Test with Board of studies of Indian Chartered Accountancy of India.
- If you have already registered for Professional Course, even then you are eligible for appearing in this test.
Exam Preparation Tips for CA CPT
Keep in mind that the study material and suggested answers published by the institution are of utmost importance and therefore, you should go through them thoroughly. However, it is important to prepare notes for successive amendments. Don’t go on writing unnecessarily lengthy answers that will get you minus points.
Under mentioned are some more tips to keep in mind to be successful in CPT. Do study hard, but give yourself some time to indulge in some leisure activities to relax:
- Keep your aim to get high rank
- Begin the preparations right from the day one
- Plan out your study methodology in advance so that you are able to manage due to unexpected delays
- Give more time to the subject that you find bit harder.
- Prepare notes so that you can have quick revision
- Never ever expect the same question paper pattern each year. So better keep in mind the marks which are allotted to each subject as they will not change.
- Present your answers in a very neat and systematic manner
- In the end, just a systematic study with a proper time management can surely get you entry into chartered accountancy course. You need to score at least 50% of the total marks to pass this exam.